Světlá nad Sázavou will have a renovated square by the end of the year

Publisher
ČTK
01.07.2022 20:40
Czech Republic

Světlá nad Sázavou


Světlá nad Sázavou – Světlá nad Sázavou will have a renovated square at the end of the year. The city will pay 69.5 million crowns, including tax, for the two-year revitalization of the central area. Mayor František Aubrecht said this to journalists today. The September fair will take place this time in the castle park instead of the center due to these repairs. Some people are unhappy about this, fearing damage to the park. The town hall received a petition regarding this, which was supported by 108 people.


The city council acknowledged the petition on Wednesday. "However, a contract has already been signed with the operator of the fair in the park," the mayor said. He added that compared to the music festival Sázavafest, the fair will only occupy about a quarter of the area in the park. "No accompanying equipment will be allowed into the park at all," he stated. Designated zones will be marked where it will not be possible to set up heavy fair attractions. According to the mayor, the fair operator also agreed to deposit a security of 100,000 crowns for any potential damages.

The St. Wenceslas fair will take place this year from September 24 to 25. Last year, the city began the renewal of Trčků z Lípy Square with repairs in its lower part, where the road crosses over a bridge over the Sázava. The fair was held at the traditional location in a limited capacity, which according to Aubrecht was only due to measures against the coronavirus epidemic.

Once composed of houses with arcades, the square in Světla has been spoiled by socialist construction according to previous information from the town hall. The city, with a population of 6,500, has been preparing for the new layout of the central area for many years. Its appearance will change. This year, a wall will be built in the sloping part near the town hall, which will incorporate an information center. Details about the project can be found on the city's website.

The upper part of the square is currently dug up, with trucks driving there and excavators working. The first newly paved areas are emerging near the rectory and the hotel. Cars can pass through the lower part of the square toward Ledeč nad Sázavou, while the remaining two passages to Lánecká Street, which also leads to the prison and Habry, are closed.

The road to Lánecká Street is expected to be open again in September, eliminating the detour through the housing estate. "It will relieve the residents who live in the housing estate," the mayor said. Due to winter maintenance, the road to Habry should also be open by the end of October.

In addition to the city, the repairs of the square in Světlá nad Sázavou involve the region, which owns the roads there, and the water company, which is reconstructing the networks. The town hall's costs have increased by about seven million crowns due to the harder subsoil.
The English translation is powered by AI tool. Switch to Czech to view the original text source.
0 comments
add comment

Related articles